Next week, nine teams of NHS chefs will embark on the final stage of the challenge to be crowned NHS Chef Team for 2023.
The final six days of this prestigious competition will begin on October 24, with teams gradually eliminated to leave just three teams in contention by the final day, on November 2.
The chef teams will face a series of challenges, designed to test their skills and creativity.
• October 24: Recipe recreation (am)
Identify the ingredients and the Choux Challenge (pm)
• October 25: Plant Based (am)
• October 26: Breakfast (am)
Children’s Challenge (pm)
• October 31 Fake Away (am)
Energy Dense (pm)
• November 1 Desserts (am)
Wildcard Challenge (pm)
• November 2 Full Menu
The nine teams competing in the final are:
• Glenfield Hospital (Leicester University Hospitals NHS Trust)
• Guy’s & St Thomas’s NHS FT
• Hereford County Hospital (Wye Valley NHS Trust)
• Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital
• Royal Blackburn Hospital (East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust)
• Solent NHS Trust
• Stepping Hill Hospital (Stockport NHS FT)
• The Woodlands (Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS FT)
• West Suffolk Hospital
This year’s finals will be held at a new venue in Sparsholt, Winchester. Good luck to all the teams.